DTE Energy's Low Income Self-Sufficiency Plan (LSP) is a low, affordable payment plan for eligible low income families. This program allows you to make affordable monthly payments based on your income. The remaining portion of your bill is paid monthly with your energy assistance funds.
Program benefits include:
- Affordable fixed monthly payments based on income and energy usage.
- Outstanding payments are frozen at the time of enrollment and will be reduced if regular monthly payments are made.
- Self-Sufficiency Training
- Dedicated Customer Advocates ready to assist you
- Protection from shut off while on the plan
- Elimination of late payment charges
- Income equal to or less than 150 percent Federal Poverty Level (FPL) Guidelines
- Energy usage (electric and gas) over the last 12 months is comparable with average annual usage for a residential customer
*The eligibility requirements have been defined according to federal and state energy assistance criteria.
The LSP program requires household income and energy usage validation every year for all participating customers. New customers must submit a completed application and all required documents to enroll in the LSP program.
Existing customers must submit a completed application and all required documents annually to prevent benefit interruptions. This means you could be re-enrolled if you are eligible every year until you reach self-sufficiency.
DTE Energy partners with various human service agencies to perform income and usage eligibility validation for the LSP program.